reflecting on 2016


Exactly a year ago, I posted "reflecting on 2015" which included some of the tweaks I would be making in 2016 in light of hindsight. In a blink of an eye, here we are again, another year gone.

This year, I'm even more grateful to be here than I was last year. There have been definitive instances when I could have been taken from this planet. One I probably will never forget was a split decision I made not to cross the road at a traffic light despite it being in pedestrian crossing mode ("green man"). For whatever reason, I didn't cross. I just didn't. I don't know why not, but boy am I glad I didn't. At the point when I would have been right in the middle of the road, a woman that appeared to be having a heated conversation on her mobile phone sped through the red light. She would have turned me into Flatman - the dead superhero. She of course was non the wiser as she zoomed obliviously along a residential road at motorway speeds. So yes, I am grateful to be alive today.



Ok. So how did I do in 2016? Was I victorious at the tweaks or no?

1. Grow closer to family than ever before:  The simple answer is yes. In 2016, for me, family has been everything. Onwards to 2017, I hope to make this even more so.

2. Make more money than ever before:  Hmmm. This one was tricky.  I did make more money than the previous year, but it wasn't "more than ever before". However, there are signs that 2017 will be the year when the money machine finally kicks in big. I believe I have finally arrived at an understanding of what needs to be done, and do it I shall.

3. Care less about money than ever before:  Yes. I have achieved this in 2016 for sure. I think my attitude towards money has changed for good as a result.

4. Take more photos of myself:  Oh yes. Not just that, I've also allowed other people to take photos of me. Normally when the occasion arrises I'd take control of the camera, or control would be handed to me. Either way, it would be me taking photos of everyone, and no one taking photos of me. That's changed a bit in 2016. More can be done though.

5. Be more consistent with everything I do:  Yes. Yes. I have been consistent with many things and I have seen the benefits of consistency.  A good example is my YouTube channel - Old Cameras. Consistency has grown the audience from around 300 to over 4000 subs this year. I could be even more consistent though, so I am going to do just that in 2017

6. Finish things:  50%. This is a big one for me.  Yes, I have gotten a lot better in 2016 at finishing things, but a lot of work still remains to be done here. A significant amount of my energy, both mental and physical, will be dedicated to this in 2017.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

olympus om-1

How to choose your first 35mm film camera

boots 500AF - part 1