reflecting on 2015



This year has come to an end. Before I go on, let me just take this opportunity to express my gratitude to whatever the mechanism is in existence that is responsible for the preservation of life. For indeed, I am incredibly grateful to be alive today. 2015 has not been a good year for so many, and, some people that were close to me have ceased to exist, but, I am pleased to be here.

Reflecting on 2015 - what did I learn this year?
  1. Family is everything.  'Family' includes those very true friends too.
  2. Money is nothing. Well, I knew this before, but I was particularly reminded of it this year.
  3. Money is everything. In direct contradiction to the second point above, yes, but true. Long story.
  4. Life is short. 
In light of the above, here are some of the tweaks I aim to make in 2016;
  1. Grow closer to family than ever before.
  2. Make more money than ever before.
  3. Care less about money than ever before.
  4. Take more photos of myself.
  5. Be more consistent with everything I do.
  6. Finish things.
These are far from the world famous SMART goals but, rather, are high-level tweaks.  What are yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

olympus om-1

boots 500AF - part 1

How to choose your first 35mm film camera