reflecting on 2015
This year has come to an end. Before I go on, let me just take this opportunity to express my gratitude to whatever the mechanism is in existence that is responsible for the preservation of life. For indeed, I am incredibly grateful to be alive today. 2015 has not been a good year for so many, and, some people that were close to me have ceased to exist, but, I am pleased to be here.
Reflecting on 2015 - what did I learn this year?
- Family is everything. 'Family' includes those very true friends too.
- Money is nothing. Well, I knew this before, but I was particularly reminded of it this year.
- Money is everything. In direct contradiction to the second point above, yes, but true. Long story.
- Life is short.
In light of the above, here are some of the tweaks I aim to make in 2016;
- Grow closer to family than ever before.
- Make more money than ever before.
- Care less about money than ever before.
- Take more photos of myself.
- Be more consistent with everything I do.
- Finish things.
These are far from the world famous SMART goals but, rather, are high-level tweaks. What are yours?